Aird Community Trust is a charity whose purpose is to improve the lives of people who live within the Kirkhill and Bunchrew area. It works with members of the community and other stakeholders to carry out a broad range of social and environmental activities of benefit to the community.
The Aird (meaning high place in Gaelic) is the historic name for the Fraser clan lands to the South of the Beauly Firth. The area covered by ACT does not cover the whole of the Aird but does include most of it and particularly the communities of Kirkhill, Bunchrew, Englishton, Lentran, Inchmore, Drumchardine, Newtonhill, Cabrich, and Clunes.
Aird Community Trust (SC012797) was created in 2020 by merging the former Kirkhill and Bunchrew Community Trust (SC029389) into the then Kirkhill Community Centre. It is a member organisation and charity with a Board drawn from its membership.
- Kirkhill Community Centre – ownership and management of the community centre with its outdoor multi-use games area and associated land.
- Community Café Group – running a community café within the Community Centre.
- Kirkhill Playpark – ownership of the playpark equipment, although this is managed by Highland Council
- Christmas Lights Group – providing Christmas lights for Kirkhill
- Active Transport & Paths Group – developing new access tracks and maintaining existing local paths.
- Woodland Group – working in Upper Reelig Forest in agreement with Forestry and Land Scotland.
Ways to get involved
Membership of ACT is free and open to anyone aged 16 or over who lives within the Kirkhill and Bunchrew Community Council ward, Cabrich or Clunes. Those living outwith the Area can show support by becoming Associate members. Please join ACT and show your support by completing an application.
There are a range of volunteering opportunities available from physical paths and woodland work, to fundraising for projects or baking cakes and serving at the community café. Volunteers are always needed to help run the community centre whether it be helping building or grounds maintenance or taking bookings and running the hall. There are a range of committee roles in the activity groups or on the ACT board. If you are interested in helping out in any way or have new ideas contact email@example.com.
You can also help support ACT by choosing Aird Community Trust as your charity on Amazon Smile. A portion of each purchase you make will be donated to ACT.